Pages

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

A dull 1750 pts Dark Eldar-Eldar alliance list

While I was at work today, I was wondering if I could make an allied 1750 pts list that can be an utter bore to face against and/or play as. So with that I decided to throw this little cutie out. Note that this is something of a min-max list without much variety, thus take this with lots of sauce....hot sauce.


Main Detachment
Baron Sathonyx
5 Kabalite Warriors with 1 blaster in a Venom with two splinter rifles
5 Kabalite Warriors with 1 blaster in a Venom with two splinter rifles
5 Kabalite Warriors with 1 blaster in a Venom with two splinter rifles
5 Kabalite Warriors with 1 blaster in a Venom with two splinter rifles
Ravager with three dark lances with Flickerfield
Ravager with three dark lances with Flickerfield
Ravager with three dark lances with Flickerfield

Main Detachment total pts: 950

Allied Detachment
Farseer on jetbike
5 Fire Dragons with an Exarch with Firepike and Fast shot in a Wave Serpent with twinlinked scatter lasers and holofield
5 Dire Avengers with in a Wave Serpent with twinlinked scatter lasers and holofield
5 Dire Avengers with in a Wave Serpent with twinlinked scatter lasers and holofield

Allied Detachment total pts: 800

Total pts: 1750 pts

Retardedly enough, it managed to end up at a precise figure which I tend to like. Nonetheless you can see how this list works just by looking at it; move and shoot and shoot and move. The main muscle of this list are the Wave Serpents, Venoms and Ravagers. The Baron is there mostly for me to get first turn and will be camping somewhere like a sad panda (he is a tax, but one with a single worthwhile ability).


The Farseer has a simple job to do; Be a mobile twin-linker for the army when it needs it (though I expect most of the twinlinked abilities to be on the Ravagers and Venoms. If I managed to get Doom or Perfect Timing, I will be utterly giddy).


The Dragons are mostly there because they are the cheapest unit that I can use to buy another Wave Serpent within the allied list that functions well within this army's design. Likewise the blasters on the Kabalite warriors are there just because they are a staple for those Kabalite Warriors in Venoms. As for the Dire Avengers, I will admit that they are the tax I pay for the Wave Serpents.



This list functions in a rather simple and dominating way; You will need to handle a lot of things and you need to handle all of them at once, because all of them are able to cripple your army. The twinlinked weaponry only made this choice more crucial as they will be damaging an army quite often. The army also has some interesting anti-air options as a result of the twinlinked weaponry in abundance. In its retardedness, it is oddly balanced against anything.



Honestly the way I would deploy them is to let the Serpents be in front (hiding behind cover of course) while the rest of the army will hide behind those Serpents. Due to the darn Serpent Shield being a perfect way to prevent an alpha strike against me, all the flimsy nonsense will hide behind. Once I get to move, I will be moving forward as one, Serpents as shields, and I will just attack and exploit any weaknesses I have created, and then from there make more attacks to exploit any more weaknesses I have created, and keep on doing so until the other side surrendered or I run out of gas.

A rather blunt and thuggish list for an Eldar list, but it does the job. I believe that it is time for me to lend my friend's Wave Serpents and test this weird boring list out. Who knows, I might actually like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment